To celebrate the 60th anniversary of The Mousetrap on stage in the West End, the show is on tour for the first time, stopping off at Watford Colosseum for a week from February 17.
The Colosseum has added its own festive touch by offering free tickets for the opening night to the winners of a simple competition.
The Mousetrap is famous around the world for being the longest running show of any kind in the history of British theatre – with over 25,000 performances it’s a play to be proud of. And to celebrate 60 incredible years on stage, it’s going on tour for the first time, with a star cast to give you a once in a life-time opportunity to see this masterpiece at Watford Colosseum.
The scene is set when a group of people gathered in a country house cut off by the snow discover, to their horror, that there is a murderer in their midst.
Who can it be? One by one the suspicious characters reveal their sordid pasts until at the last, nerve-shredding moment the identity and the motive are finally revealed.
In her own inimitable style, Dame Agatha Christie has created an atmosphere of shuddering suspense and a brilliantly intricate plot where murder lurks around every corner.
A pair of tickets are available for the opening night performance on Monday 17th February at 7.30pm. Tickets can also be purchased from www.watfordcolosseum.co.uk or by calling 0845 075 3993 and are priced between £19.50 and £29.50.
For a chance to win a pair of tickets, simply answer the following question:
Who wrote the Mousetrap?
a) Angela Lansbury
b) Agatha Christie
c) Miss Jane Marple
To enter, just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your answer, name and telephone number.
Watford Colosseum: Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Entrants must be UK resident aged 18 years or older, not employees (or members of their family) of HQ Theatres or anyone connected with the draw
2. By entering the free prize draw you agree to these terms and conditions and agree that all your details, including your email address may be used to keep you informed about events at the Watford Colosseum
3. Entry to the prize draw is free and no purchase is necessary
4. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent will be offered
5. Watford Colosseum reserve the right to provide a substitute prize to similar value if the specified prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond its control
6. Only one entry per person is permitted
7. The winner/winners will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received and the judges decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into
8. Watford Colosseum accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, delayed or lost entries