As their contribution to the Watford Live Festival, Watford Area Arts Forum is again organising the Harrington Trophy Competition.
To commemorate the 400th Anniversary of the death of the Bard the theme this year is Shakespeare. Please submit work and your interpretation of this but please give your pictorial entry a title other than “Shakespeare”. Let your imagination run wild, for example… the cauldron from Macbeth, a scene from ‘A Winter’s Tale’.
- The competition is open to everyone and can be in any medium, including photographs.
- Please bring your work along to Watford Museum on Friday 3rd June and submitted work will be on display at the Museum from Saturday 4th until Saturday 25th June during normal Museum opening hours.
- Work should be framed with string or wire on the back so that it can be hung.
- An independent judge will award first, second and third places and these winners will receive cash prizes of £50, £30 and £20 respectively.
- Presentation to the award winners will be made on Saturday 25th June at 2.30pm.
- Work can be collected immediately after the presentations.