‘One Day’…. I Will Start Writing!
No more excuses, that day has arrived. If you have a creative blog idea, a factual or fictional story you are bursting to write, here is your chance. Your winning entry will be displayed on local bus shelters and read by the local community. Fame and fortune at last!
Watford Area Arts Forum and Watford Writers are delighted to be jointly promoting the Richard Harrington Literature Challenge Competition to coincide with the Watford Live! 2013 Arts Festival.
Everyone is urged to get involved with the festival throughout June, but you can make a start now. The theme of the competition is ‘One Day…’, the entries will be judged by Dorothy Thornhill MBE, Elected Mayor of Watford, Peter Wilson-Leary, Editor of the Watford Observer, Richard Harrington MP and Grelle White, Editor of the WAAF magazine.
The winner will receive a £50 cash prize, the Richard Harrington trophy, and an invitation to be a guest blogger on the Watford Observer website, 2nd prize is £30 and 3rd is £20.
In addition, the top ten entries will be displayed on local bus stops during July.
The deadline for entry is Tuesday, April 30, and results will be announced on Monday June 3, at a Watford Writers’ meeting, all entrants will be invited to the prize-giving and a selection of the entries will be on display from 7.30pm at Cha Cha Cha Café, Cassiobury Park.
The cash prizes have been generously donated by Richard Harrington MP.
- Your entry should be no more than 500 words, excluding the title
- Minimum 300 words
- Give your entry a title , it should not be called ‘One Day’
- Please submit 3 copies
- Attach the entry form, do not put your name on the story and post to address on application form
- Email submissions (marked Watford Live! Lit Comp): email@example.com
- If you would like your entry returned, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope
- Deadline for submission Tuesday, April 30, 2013
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the results
- Click here to download the entry form